Saturday, February 20, 2016

#thirtyisthenewtwenty

Gaaaah!

I'm already thirty, but my weight is still the same as I was when I was twenty. Or even at 17! I seriously thought I would "keep" the baby weight, but it disappeared within a year after Simone was born! What's sad to think is, I only had big boobs and booty for a year in my 30 years! HAHA! but SERIOUSLY, gaining weight is just as hard as losing weight, I swear. Moving on! haha

I don't have room for negative vibes anymore, Live the life you love, Love the life you live, as what Bob Marley said! LOL

I didn't like dungarees/shortalls til I saw this from Topshop. Biased!

I wasn't in the mood for festivities (only shopping!), but hubs wanted to have a dinner BUFFET at Rise. What? I only planned our annual korean BBQ buffet. I guess maybe it's been a long time since we had buffet! Our second time there. No hor d'oeuvres, churrasco, spanish tapas, roast beef (it was roasted ham when we came!), nor hot japanese/korean cuisine.  I guess my best buffet resto still goes to Spiral at Sofitel Luxury Hotel in Manila (where I last worked, and has 21 stations! and at least S$100++), and The Line at Shangri-La near Orchard road. I hope I can try Melt The World Cafe next!
Buffet on weeknight



My plating sucks haha




This guy only attacks the cold station, as always. Ate a LOT of oysters and crab!



Parma ham, port salut & provolone

small delicatessen




I literally finished the spread.



And again. hahhaha
I only ate salmon sushi--- I eat unlimited salmon, but whenever I think about the farmed salmon (farmed salmon has a lot of pesticide and GMO, and wild salmon is preferable), which is always obviously used, my brain quickly tells me to cut back. I also had a lot of parma ham, and port salut cheese (melts in my mouth!) I haven't eaten continental food since forever!!!!!


The next day lunch, I finally stepped foot at Sin Lee Foods! I was contemplating between that and Clinton Street Bakery. Saving the latter for next month!




The waffle sucks but Simone finished it haha

Wahaha!



Chicken & waffles, sweet potato fries in salted duck egg sauce, and skillet roasted pork chop was the bomb! 

Simone<3


 Me and Simone rode the Sampan ride at MBS because she kept bugging us the night we had buffet and cried when we passed by it was closed already.  "Mommy, I wanna ride the boat" over and over again. Why nat?

photo by David Montasco


photo from here

We actually have pictures but it was sold for $20 per picture or $30 for 2! My card didn't work, so it was a sign not to buy haha!

"Mommy, I wanna ride the boat" 



She was SOOOOOO ecstatic!

"mommy, I want to touch the water"




Helped paddle the boat LOL
After that, I spent the rest of the day (wahaha) at Topshop thanks to my jie-jie for the voucher! Simone fell asleep inside the fitting room! And used my bag as her pillow haha please forgive me it's my birthday naman!

Where I always only end up! (only where clothes fit me!)

First day of being thirty was great indeed!!!

xx,
chicmom&baby





No comments:

Post a Comment