Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Keeping up with..Simone! (16 months)

"Pay-gown!" Simone blurted out and pointed as we passed by the playground. I was surprised to hear her say it first as I will ALWAYS say playground whenever we are passing by. Walking to the bus stop, we reached the water drainage, and she said "Ah-tuh!" and pointed at the water. Hubby taught her that. "Buhd!" she saw a bird drinking from the water. HOMYGOSH, I can't keep up! She is the cutest little sponge!

We dined at Bedok Point and near our table were huge windows. "Car, car!" exclaimed the curious cat. Correct! All of these words were said for the first time. Whoah. She has started speaking more two syllable words.

The perks of a full-time mom: I get to witness all her milestones!

It's just so amusing to hear her blurt out those words, I talk to her everyday like a friend, and whatever I do, I explain to her. She might not say the words after me, but I'm she sure she understands them! She understands more than she speaks actually. She follows a lot of simple instructions like, "Go shower", she will go to the bathroom; "Go outside" (of the room), she will. I tried to ask her to get a diaper and she did! I usually ask her to get her stuffed toys, get this and that, put back toys. She also knows how to go on the slide by herself, and pat a dog! Usually she just places her hand at the dog in a spanking way and it scares them haha poor babies.

Teeny tiny problem with Simone is that she hates getting her hands/feet dirty, who doesn't right?  I mean if she feels that her hands or any part of her body will get "dirty" she won't go into it. It has to do with sensory motor skills. I'm letting her do some sensory play like finger painting to develop and  encourage her that it's not so bad and that it's okay to get dirty at times!

With Lola the Maltipoo! Her dad recently promised a puppy for her birthday! Yay! momma is happier.
She can already slide by herself. Momma still nervous!
Obsession du jour!
New hangout spot<3


"But daddy I still want to slide!"

To moms whose toddlers aren't talking yet, don't fret; One day they will just surprise you!
  • Talking to them constantly is the most important (not baby talk). Explain them whatever you do that they see, what you see when you go out, just like telling a story. Do it over and over (and over) again like a broken record and wait until they will say it before you do. I didn't say it wasn't going to be easy! haha! Patience, patience, I know you have that. 
  • I have always kept books visible around the house, she "reads" them, asks me or hubby to read at bedtime. Make reading a habit. Be in the character mode and change your voice. Nobody likes a boring story teller! Point objects in the book and say "ball", oh where's the ball? point again, "ball" everyday. 
  • While watching shows/cartoons, you have to be in it and explain it to them too.
  • Sing songs with actions! And dance! Now I'm teaching her "Head, shoulder, knees and toes" song. 
  • Good manners and right conduct as well should always be practiced (like saying "Please", "Excuse me",  "I'm sorry" and "Thank you" so she will  be able to adapt them. They need to hear that often
  • Food is important too! Give brain boosting foods to help your child's brain develop. As easy as sprinkling one tablespoon of ground flaxseeds and ground walnuts in their food daily are your best bet aside from vegetables and fish.

Soooooo... YOU STILL THINK I LIE IN BED AND DRINK COFFEE ALL DAY AT HOME? :) Someone told me that. Really.

At this age, their brains are like sponges, they will absorb everything they see, so better to teach and discipline them well. No pressure, just pure fun. So i think I have a new job position added to my resume-- a preschool teacher!


xx,
shiela


No comments:

Post a Comment