Friday, January 15, 2016

All Day Everyday Pancakes

First question of the day upon waking up is, "Mommy, I want to eat pancakes. Can you cook pancakes?" For the first few days of holidays, until the weekend, until monday and so on! Well, at least she likes my cooking, I always think;p

And sometimes volunteers to do it herself

Always breakfast in bed, sans the tray:)

Most fulfilling part is, when she sees the pancakes, she screams, "Yay! Pancakes!" and gives a thumbs-up sign after a bite. And of course, a WIPED OUT plate:) she eats about 3-4.

I've had my fair share of failed pancakes, but this recipe is THE winner:)

Not too sinful:)
Serves 4-6.

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour   *I use organic unbleached flour
2 tbsp. oil or butter
1/2 tsp salt                        *I use himalayan salt
4tsp baking powder
2tbsp sugar                       *I skip this, but sometimes I use Organic cane sugar
2 cups water                      *I use half water, half organic full cream milk
2 eggs
3-4 bananas
semi-sweet chocolate chips
strawberries/blueberries for toppings (optional)
Ground flaxseed
Real organic maple syrup or honey



1. Mix all the dry ingredients - flour, salt, baking powder,sugar, flax.
2. Mix all the liquids - beat the eggs, water, milk, oil/butter
3. Mash the banana in another bowl.
4. Mix together all, but don't over mix!
5. Use butter in saucepan and cook!
6. Top with fruits and drizzle with maple syrup/honey

You can also throw in a some nuts, like almonds, hemp!
ENjoy!

xx,
chicmom&baby



No comments:

Post a Comment