Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Too Cool For School

Just a couple of days ago, I was asking my sister-in-law on how long did her eldest daughter adjust when she started preschool, remembering myself (not too long ago LOL) as an über crybaby. First interview with the principal--FAIL. She then told me she will give a second chance, and if I cry again, then it's a NO to preschool! Of course I did better on the next and passed, but first day of school (and the next few days) were horror days for my mom as I cried, cried, and cried. From inside the classroom, the bottom of the walls at the back had 'holes' where you can see, shoes/feet of people standing outside of the room. I would always, like every minute check if my mom's feet/shoes were there! Haha. I always made sure my mom is there, standing and waiting outside...til I grew tired of it.

Fast forward to yesterday, We decided to check out a preschool/day care for Simone (because I needed to work soon and Simone going to school is better than staying at home) . I'm so worried on how she would adjust to a new environment, without her BFF, that is, me of course. We were greeted by a supervisor on the door. She said hi to Simone, opened the 'gate' and asked Simone to come inside and she did. Mind you, she doesn't follow strangers! Once she was inside, she was in awe (i think) looked around, I felt she knew it was a school, walked around, and went inside a classroom. A teacher placed a toy on the table and Simone sat down, played, and forgot all about her parents. She wouldn't even bother looking if we call her. While the supervisor was explaining the curriculum, Simone went around the areas, followed the kids, went inside to another classroom, sat down on the mat. Some kids started giving her toys. Super cute. One teacher approached her and asked her to come with her, they even held hands andwalked together! Seriously these teachers have magic!

DND mode

We had a hard time leaving because Simone refused to! Wow. We haven't even enrolled her yet LOL. Feelingera lang. Great. Too cool huh. Well, this is just the first school... We'll see if she will like the others and evaluate the best one. Only tiny problem for me was the food they serve, it's bread for breakfast and bread for tea break (easy for them to prepare).... No fresh fruits, just carbs with little nutritional value. Well. I can just let her eat those during dinner at home, and no more bread at home and outside! haha. Offset lang.

The hubby wasn't too keen on putting her on day care because mother-in-law said it's a waste of money because she is still too young at 18 months. I personally think it depends on the child if she is ready. Well we clearly saw that she is! Suddenly hubby told the supervisor that he will enroll her soon and asked for a form! Ha! I was shocked and just gave him a look. (Hubby we still have to see at least 5 more haha don't be too impulsive)

Oh well at least I am relieved.

Xx,
Shiela

No comments:

Post a Comment