Sunday, November 22, 2015

Impromptu Meals: Pumpkin Risotto

When you just came home from ballet, brunch, church, and exhausted (not to forget walking!), asks your toddler to nap when she replies, "I want to eat." Heck, I did not even ask anymore what she wants to eat. What's in my pantry/fridge that's easy to cook? *searches*

Whew! I found:

---> Organic glutinous rice (which I haven't used in a while)
---> Frozen steamed Pumpkin (thinking to make pumpkin soup, just steam and blend)

Yep, let's make pumpkin risotto!

ps. I do not have exact measurements as I only cook for myself and Simone.

Cook the rice in a pot with mushroom seasoning, halfway done, steam the pumpkin (mine from frozen), chop organic garlic (i like to put a lot) cook with butter until a little brown and set aside. Prepare your blender, pour milk, pumpkin and half of the garlic and blend away until it's creamy thick. Pour the soup, rice into a saucepan with butter, simmer a little. Add himalayan salt, a tiny dash of cinnamon and parmesan cheese according to your liking. I like it more of the pumpkin-garlic-y taste for Simone with a HINT of cheese, and mine is with a LOT of cheese;p



New found comfort food

It's like mac and cheese guyz!

Happy Sunday to all!

xx,
chicmom&baby

No comments:

Post a Comment