Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Potty Here We Go

Yesterday, Simone woke me up in my 5-minute nap (I dozed off) and pointed at the puddle of pee she had made. I happily sat up and proceeded to clean. Ha! I'm glad now she's aware and even woke me up.

I'm not strictly training her, I mean her having all the signs of readiness to potty train doesn't mean she is ready right? I just want her to learn the routine of going to the potty, and the feeling of being diaper-less. Mind you, during the 50's, when diapers were not invented yet, babies were toilet trained by 18 months! This article is good too, you may want to have a read Who Decides When to Potty?l

I have researched a lot about potty training but unfortunately the 3-day potty training is not so practical for us. It required no undies at all, and it was a strictly 3 days no going out of the house. It was funny because the first time I took off her diaper, I planted her to the potty to show how. Nothing. While doing this I was explaining to her that she needs to go to the potty if she needs to pee/poop. After this, I just threw her wet diaper in the bin (that was just a few steps away) and when I turned around, she was already in a squat position! Waaaah! I quickly grabbed her and planted her back on the potty. Too late. Hahaha. I pointed to her poop and she was surprised to see it there! Funny too she wasn't even aware that she peed/pooped lol i actually enjoyed it.. Now it's like the 4th or 5th day(can't rem!) and there's definitely an improvement like she will run to me and cry... Little did I know, she's already peeing and I quickly brought her to her potty, then she will say "wee wee" and point at it. Great. My mom gave Simone more than 15 bikini style undies, so cute!

Some tips I can give out is to get them used to the routine. Every morning upon waking up, and every 30 minutes, and before sleeping, bring them to the potty. It's okay to use diaper on sleeping and nap time, or when going out. Continuously give plenty of liquids so they would always pee. Stay beside her on the first 3 days (stay at home as much as possible), so when she pees, you can rush her quickly to her potty, and make sure is is comfortable with her potty. Show appreciation. Give rewards or learn a potty dance if it works for them. I also let Simone watch potty videos like Elmo's Potty Time and Alleke's potty video .Lastly, don't pressure them!

This afternoon, we checked out a child care center and we decided we will enroll Simone there. The principal said that end of the year I must potty train Simone already. Good thing I have started earlier, since I'm not yet working, I can focus on it well.

Right now she's using an Ikea potty, but I think she is not comfortable with it (her butt sinks in haha) so I'm looking for a smaller potty:)

Cute right? Comes with music.

I'm thinking. If it's my turn, I'll have to take off the ladder right?lol

This is good for travel.WANT.

Cute but same question about the ladder. hehe

All these can be bought at www.qoo10.sg . The rest I wanted were already sold out. What do you think? I didn't realize choosing a potty would be "difficile"! haha dropping french, I miss using it.

xx,

shiela

No comments:

Post a Comment