Saturday, July 26, 2014

Milestones

Walking back from Bedok Reservoir Park, Simone crossed the road--riding on her scooter! Before we crossed, I kept pinning her back in her stroller,  she strongly refused and stuck on her "tooter". I was sooooo nervous we'd run out of time! No worries, I was holding one side of the handle using my left hand and pushing the stroller using my right. :) But still! I'm so proud she was able to do that. Milestone indeed!

Meanwhile, here's a video shot last July 25.


Sand play

While at the park, I noticed a young, good-looking, trying-to-look-low-profile-but-failed couple. I seriously think they're some celebrities or high-profile rich people. Anyway later on, the wife, who was wearing chic sunnies approached me.

Girl: How old is your daughter?
Me. Turning 19 months! *smiles*
Girl: 29 months??
Me: No, 19 months.
Girl: ...You mean, she's not even 2 years old?! *looks puzzled*
Me: Haha..No.

*End of convo*

I didn't wanna go on coz.. I don't know, I think I was tired already:) Then she turns to her hubby and translated everything in Cantonese (?) 

Then I saw Simone standing next to their son, almost the same height and built but their son can speak very well and climbs up and down. I'm sure he's more than 2 years old. Maybe that's why she asked(?).

But seriously, I get asked so many times by people (by that I mean strangers!) and all of them think she's waay older than her actual age! Is she really that big? I don't think so. Can I just call it  advanced? 

Another incident:

I bought a potty from a seller a few weeks ago. Met up with her and she saw Simone. 

Seller: How old is she? Hmm... 3?
Me: *laughs sarcastically* No, she only 18 months!
Seller: 18 months? My daughter is just a little bigger than her and she is turning 5.
Me: Really.. 
Seller: Yeah, my daughter very small one..blah blah...
Me: *speechless* wondered again.

These 2 are just few of the many. Well, I will take it as a compliment. 

Anyway, back to milestones, and scooters, I'm happy she has learned how to use it. Yay! no more backaches for mommy.


Before, she was a bit scared of touching dogs. But now, look at this.





Lola smelling your diaper!!! LOL

Dog lover indeed.
FYI, "Lola" is a maltipoo, and we always play with her at the playground so she knows us. Maltipoos are so friendly!

And recently, I got her a number puzzle and I remember she had absolutely no clue on how it works! Now, she can put everything together in about 1 minute ++. I will upload the video next time.

As for her potty update, she had some regressions, some days she doesn't feel like doing it, so I just let it go. Still, she just wears panties or sometimes nothing at all (in that case I make sure she wears a dress) We would always need to go out so it's not so consistent. I'm not pushing it. The more you push, the more they won't do it. Once they feel a tiny little pressure from you, they won't do it! Just stay positive ALL the way (I know it's hard), even if they pee/poop everywhere (accept the fact that's it's going to be messy). Just tell them they peed, and show them where, and let them sit. Again, don't force them to sit. And again, say it in a happy way.

Times flies! Gotta make the most out of it!!!!

Happy sunday!

xx,

shiela






No comments:

Post a Comment